Turned out it was the shoulder flares that were screwing up my junk. That, combined with the lens foreshortening of the photography I was doing. I took em off, and he looks way more natural now. He's going to need a little flare, to cover up the shoulder joint. But they're going to be more restrained. He doesn't look as cool in the wide shot, but screw it. This angle is more important.
I finally got around to fixing the eyes - it was a bit nerve wracking. It would have been a disaster if I had made a mess of it. It didn't go smoothly, but there's a bit improvement (see top, unfixed, photo, compared to bottom two). I'm glad I did it. This medium shot you see is going to be the most-seen shot of the whole film. Now it looks like something I can get behind. I've been avoiding side-angle shots, as the eye area wasn't seated properly onto the eye balls. So you'd see little holes around the eyes which looked fake-ass. But now he's good to go.
It the top shot, he looks like a dumb mule. In the bottom two, he looks like Mr. Evil, ready to cook up some evil stew.