Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Discovered something else about alginate; i've noticed that little thin pieces of the stuff lying around my table are turning white and becoming brittle; that means that the stuff has a limited life. Once it dries out, it's toast. Though I guess I could keep it in a tupperware container with some water. Like tofu.

I put the first coat of liquid latex on my alginate impression. The alginate is still sweating a bit. I hope it doesn't interfere with the drying of the latex. I did a test already to see if it would work, and it did. But these hunks of alginate contain alot more water than my test peices.

I bought a couple different brands of liquid latex - turns out they vary quite a bit. One is thick, one is very watery. They both have their uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counter
Locations of visitors to this page