Thursday, April 07, 2011

I'm currently working on populating the centre of the thing. Gonna be a lot of work. There's a certain threshold you hit where you can start copying and pasting existing elements. I'm a long way from that point now. There's about six rusty-armor-spear guys in there now, and about 10 'souls'. I want to have hundreds in there. I've got some efficient ways of doing it though; I make a single crude key in Aftereffects of the element, and then just 'replace footage' for the rest of the elements from the shooting batch. And i've got an array of Photoshop actions saved, some tied to hotkeys.

The biggest challenge was figuring out how to blend elements into the painting. The little people are almost the same size as the entire hell set. Their level of detail was obviously way higher. All I did was a 'reduce noise' in photoshop. Which could also be described as 'throw out detail'. I lost some nice detail, but there's not help for that. It worked quite well to smoog all the elements together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

html hit counter
Locations of visitors to this page