Sunday, February 17, 2008



HELL

I've been farting around with 'hell' in Vue 5 (layman's CGI program, good for landscapes). I'm NOT going to make a CGI hell; I generally can't stand obvious CGI - doesn't get any more lifeless than that stuff. Of course there is good CGI, but i'm not going to get into that.

Anyways, my plan is to make hell in Vue, and then paint over top; literally paint it, with artist's paints. The idea is that the painted version will look like it has some sort of 'force of truth' to it, like as if the painter (main character) was chanelling the underworld.

The painting is going to be visible in the set, obviously. I plan to just paint it, set scale size (24" x 16"). It won't have the appropriate level of detail obviously, but as it will always be seen, within the set, in an in-progress state, I think it will work. I thought of some more fancy solutions, but this one feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counter
Locations of visitors to this page