Sunday, February 03, 2008

The above image is a photoshop file i'm using to study my set layout; all the little bits represent elements, furniture, etc, and are separate layers so I can move them around.

I've been thinking for a while that my redesigned layout isn't working; I may have made the same mistake I made with my big 'Exterior Studio' set, in that I designed it for one camera angle; other camera angles being therefore awkward looking.

My reasons for this design were sound, I think - i'm trying to make it look a bit like a stage, and intend to use straight on, long-take camera angles rather than alot of 180 degree cuts.

My first layout just looks better from multiple angles, though.

I'm going to try to incorporate the two designs somehow.

I intentionally left all the elements i've made movable- I figured I might want to rearrange things once I had actually built them and seen them on camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counter
Locations of visitors to this page