Saturday, January 26, 2008






NEW WINDOW

I built masef' a new window. I wanted this one to be a little more like a real window, and not as manic-looking as the last one. I looked pretty crappy when I stained it; I knew it would, but I did it anyways. The particular type of wood I used for it was the harder, grainier balsa, which really shows the grain with the stain. Overly-visible grain screws up the sense of scale. I'm going to sand it and redo it.

I sometimes purposely half-stain things, or paint/stain things in colours/ways that I know i'm not going to like. Sometimes I get too precious with the things, so doing this helps me 'break the ice' with the finishing, so I can really get in there and work it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counter
Locations of visitors to this page