Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Well, we now finally have a skull (after the two that Michael R-addison ordered never showed up, i.e. we we're robbed). Now I have to figure out how to build this monstrosity; how to go about this is yet to be determined. The idea, for those of you haven't read the pertinent earlier post, is to build an almost-life sized armature head for our characters; an 'armature head' in the sense that we'll be able to pose the features incrementally to create neat things like feelings and stuff. The snivelling nerds will then animate these heads and then digitally transpose them onto our 9.5" armatures, using teamwork, sharing, and working together. There is a long list of challenges for myself: how to make the eyes move, the jaw, the eyebrows, and at least a few of the muscles involved in smiling, frowning, etc, and what materials to use to accomplish all of these things - and no space-shuttle crap; I have to but this stuff at hardware stores.

I do like to design and plan before I jump into anything, but this seems to be case where I simply have to have a whack it to decide the best way to do it. This inital attempt might very well be a botched one.

The first head armature is going to be Johannes, the apprentice to the painter - I managed to locate one particular reference image of a young man that suits our needs, after having looked at thousands. I'd show you the image, but I stole it from a fantastic artist, and it would be a copyright violation. So screw you, you'll just have to wait to see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counter
Locations of visitors to this page