Saturday, April 08, 2006


The Set is Done (Almost)

I estimate that there is about three full days left in the studio before the set will be completely finished - it feels like one day, but we're almost always wrong about how long it will take. We're up to about 45 full days spent in the studio so far, though some of those days saw two or even three people working at once. I estimate total man hours spent to date at around 450, or half the grand total of hours spent on our previous film, 'The Masque of the Red Death'. When I extrapolate the total number of hours required to build all the sets in this project, the result is nauseating. I think I estimated about 2 1/2 years (at the current rate of progress) required for set building alone. This is likely optimistic, based on past estimates of time required. We don't really like the idea of this project taking 4-5 years total; the only solution is money, which can buy us more time to work. So, I think we'll be looking at funding options a little more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counter
Locations of visitors to this page