Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Sometimes I forget that you only get points for finishing things. And for what it looks like in the final film. If it's made of chicken wire and newspapers, it's just as good as titanium and fiberglass. If it looks the same.

Which is to say that I need to stop thinking in terms of just putting in hours. Like 'I had a good day because I worked for 10 hours'. Instead of finishing things and getting the ball rolling.

I keep putting coats of latex on the clay bust, but I swear it ain't getting any thicker. At least not to the point where it's going to be adequately rigid.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post, Andrew. I have been brewing this realization in the back of my head bone for a while now. But you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

 
html hit counter
Locations of visitors to this page