Saturday, December 24, 2011

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bird cage. Didn't build it. Just borrowed one. I think I can make it work.

I had to mask out the front bars of the cage in Photoshop. Was not fun.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Also made the back wall. Was trying to avoid using that angle at all, but it proved impossible. Not sure what kind of material all the splotchy shit is supposed to be. Who cares. It doesn't look bad, and it's done. I was going to have some big banners hanging on either side of the doorway, but it proved unworkable. The small scale became evident with the fabric. I knew this would be a problem, and planned to Phtotoshop a larger scale banner in. Also didn't work.
Made a table. Full puppet scale. Gonna shoot Lord William at the table looking at military maps, and Corndog standing behind. I'm going to try to shoot all three elements together. To reduce the amount of keying. We'll see if it works or not.

I made the table, even though it's only for one lousy scene, because shooting three scenes in a row in the same set with everybody in the same place seemed dull.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Top group of pics are the backgrounds for scene 8. Bottom ones are for scene 16. They're missing a key element - bird cage. I have the thing - just have to shoot it and shop it in.

Still need to do scene 12 backgrounds. That's next. Gonna have a full puppet-scale table.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Scene 16 plates. Working full tilt now. Not posting a lot of stuff here. Too busy doing it.

There's three scenes in this set. Gonna do the backgrounds for all three in one go. Trying to be as efficient as possible.

Don't quite love the colour for these plates, but i'm going to stick with it. I already have a slew of Photoshop actions saved to generate the split-tone effect. Not worth the trouble to alter them in Photoshop. I'll just make them all match, then generate an RGB curves in After Effects and apply it to all the shots.

The wide shot with all the dudes took an outrageous amount of photoshopping. But it's done.

Monday, December 05, 2011

And here's the floor I made. And printed out. And used as a floor.

Scene 8 plates. Each with the regular version, and the day for night version. It's gonna be an interior night scene. I may have blown it photographing the candlelight highlights though. May have to reshoot. But I know how to do em know.
html hit counter
Locations of visitors to this page